Sunday, December 25, 2011

5th Xmas post WLS

It is my fifth Christmas since WLS ... oh my ... and my 5th year surgery anniversary is not until February 5th, 2012 ... I had RNY on 2/5/07 and despite a major complication on post-op day #2 and a lengthy first 3-4 months recovery ... I have been having the best time of my life with health and mobility allowing me to carry out at 100% speed all the things the physical limitations of my morbid obesity slowed down significantly ...


Today I run, swim, zumba fitness, zumba toning, bikram and pilates. Exercise and nutrition are a plus and I love planning my daily fitness routine and my meals...


Any regrets? None or maybe one ... I should have done it sooner...


Before and after I remain me ... I walk side by side with my former fat self and I like to think that my deliverance is her release and her release is my deliverance. When I look in the mirror I see me as well as the fat girl that still resides in me encouraging me to stay the course less I go back to 5 co-morbidities and impaired mobility. We walk together as one ...my former fat self and I ... Except for life experiences that were at times challenging and difficult and sometimes downright painful I had an awesome time in my former body being totally loved and loving by my husband of today and my children and peers and friends who all embraced and encouraged and still encourage me on my journey...


I can't believe this is my 5th Christmas since Weight Loss Surgery ... and I have tracked it all in my empowerment journal that I titled ... A picture a Day Keeps the Pounds and the Inches Away....


On this my 5th Christmas since WLS ... I am happy... I am loved ... and I embrace life/health and happiness for me and for all....


This morning I took pictures in the very WEIRD dress given to me as a dare ... to see if I was crazy enough to rock it LOL .... and I did in the house of course ... Last night we celebrated 'NOCHE BUENA' (Christmas Eve) at home ... 


So I put on the goofy dress... CAN YOU BELIEVE I TURNED 50 ++ two weeks ago? and I won the dare ... LOL I rocked  ... a crazy ugly dress and loved it nonetheless ....

and I wore the AWESOME gift I got from my DH ... a lovely lovely Gray Coat by Donatella in a Size 0 ... can you imagine I used to be a size 4-5X and wondering why they were fitting tighter....

and of course I did a before and after collage for my empowerment digital journal a picture a day....keeps the pounds and the inches away .... I weigh in ... I fit in ... and I see it ... MAINTAINING FOR LIFE WITH NO REGAIN OVER MY GOAL WEIGHT... yet! I implemented lifestyle changes and will keep my before very present as I remain in my after ... for quality of life without co-morbidities or impaired mobility...

From my empowerment digital journal ... this is my 5th Xmas Post WLS and I tracked it all...


Christmas 2007 ... I lost all my weight by 7 months post op .. and at 10 months post op in Dec 2007 I looked like this...



For Xmas 2008... I sat at the workplace in awe at the lovely collection of gifts my co-workers gathered for me to bring to outreach ...

For Xmas 2009 I wore a Size 2 Laundry Dress to the Company's Xmas Party and rocked it with my DH

and at home on Xmas 2009

For Xmas 2010 I rocked a red backless dress made by me for me ... and I loved it... by then my DH had his forefoot amputation .. we did not cry we chose to cope thanking God for the miracle of not having the whole foot amputation and forever grateful that he is standing on both feet today ... despite prosthesis and a very slight limp ... WE ARE DANCING ON THE GOOD FOOT!



For Xmas 2011 I went to the Xmas party boldly sporting a fully sequined short red dress... another hoax I dare you to wear this gift from my DD on Mother's Day... I saved it for the occasion and rocked it...



and on Christmas EVE Morning I rocked my goofy dress ... then made myself comfy ..

and this morning I gave my furry babies their gifts..

Sat in my mess room where I do most of my painting with the busted wall in the background that I call my wall of pain because of its history ... I love to lie in my hammock or hang around with my ferrets as I enjoy quality time with my family... friends and loved ones even in cyberland here on OH.
.
LOVE ... PEACE... GOODWILL TO ALL ... I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT LIKE CHARITY, LOVES STARTS WITHIN...


I am forever grateful for my awesome DH and DS and my beautiful DD who I took a picture with this morning...

and I had to edit this to add dufus DS .. he asked me whether he was toast as I had not shared his picture...

and my beautiful ferrets ... 8 in all ... all beautiful and throughly loved by all of us....



I WILL NOT CURSE MY FIRE EVER ... THERE IS VICTORY IN THE VALLEY...


LOVE ... GOODWILL AND PEACE TO ALL ... THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO SHARE ...JUST SHARING SNIPPETS OF MY WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY .... I CELEBRATE ... BECAUSE I CAME A LONG WAY ... WITH THE HELP OF MANY AS I HELPED MYSELF...


A picture a day ... from the highest weight to maintenance for LIFE today...


No comments:

Post a Comment