On the eve of my 4 years 10 months post WLS ... I did the following:
1. Did Pilates Reformer on Saturday.
2. Ran a 10K early this morning... and I ran two 20Ks so far this year..
3. Came home and cleaned my furry kritters pens and cages and changed all their hammocks and replaced all toys with new toys..
4. Made an awesome pot of split pea soup with smoked turkey legs and carrots ...YUMMY
5. Drove up to Norwich with DH and friends for some Casino fun.
6. And of course I recorded it all in my digital journal ... a picture a day keeps the pounds and the inches at bay...
Sweaty after running a 10K I hugged my guys ... hmmmmmmmmmmmm I love fur .. as long as it is alive and moving...

Caspar always heads for my neck ... up one arm around my neck and crawls down to repeat again and again ... I am holding Petunia and Sebastian... Caspar around my neck and down my arm...

and Maxwell and Petunia met me at the door...

I had a bowl of AWESOME DELICIOUS SPLIT PEA SOUP ... that I made myself from scratch as we hate soup in a can and we ALL enjoyed... with a slice of toasted wheat bread...

Then I undid my extensions down and redid my hairstyle and my DH snapped my pics right before we met up with friends to drive up to the sun for a quiet evening of Casino fun ...

and because I am a picture AW I just had to strike a pose for the cameraman ... my DH

... I am surprised that today my arms are not puffy at all ... maybe my modified brachio is working almost 2 years after the fact? hmmmmmmm lets see ...or maybe the zumba toning work-out is doing wonders for my arms? who knows ...

Its been a long way yet it is all still so new ... I am hoping for the best and whatever come I am prepared to tackle it ... I have options ...because I intend to stay away from the things I do not miss...
No diabetes... in remission...
No hypertension...
No dyslipidemia...
No sleep apnea and no more CPAP
No more GERD
My joints are no longer achy and I can RUN RUN RUN RUN ohhhhhhhhhhhhh I could live my life just running ...
No more shortness of breath on exertion
No more coughing on exertion
The best thing I ever did for ME .. Having Weight Loss Surgery on 2/5/07 and rocking it like it had just happened yesterday ... TODAY IS ONCE AGAIN MY MONTHLY SURGIVERSARY AND I AM CELEBRATING ME SHAMELESSLY ... and I certainly do not miss the 203 total pounds I shed from beginning to maintenance ... and I CANT WAIT FOR TWO MONTHS FROM NOW TO CELEBRATE 5 YEARS ON THE JOURNEY FOR HEALTH AND WELLNESS FOR LIFE .. IT IS MY LIFE AND I AM LIVING IT!!!

I love the look and the feel and the lifestyle of health/wellness and exercise .. LOVE IT! because there is a great difference between before and after/now ... I have HEALTH AND MOBITLITY and to me it is all that matters....

No comments:
Post a Comment