Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lawdy.. my blogging here is way overdue....UPDATES

I have been blogging over my on ObesityHelp Support Group Blog and also on my own forum SI-itsnotoh.com and have been lax in updating here where I can afford myself the opportunity to talk at length about things on my mind.

I have been continuing my picture a day digital journal more of an empowerment tool and to keep a semblance of normalcy more than anything else in the midst of troubling times.

I spoke to my beautiful sister yesterday at home ... she has returned to the work that she loves and had some good news and a bit of bad news to share.  The good news is that she has been having and AWESOME response to her treatment 3 months in ... the bad news is that the side effects are SO HARSH she is having some respiratory issues and now they have decided to give her a 4-day respite and lowering the dose ... should be reactions continue they will discontinue the medication which is now her biggest fear.  I have been doing some research and especially with a friend recently treated with tablets although a different medication the norms seems to be 2 weeks on and 1 week off the med.  I called home overseas to my youngest sister this morning and passed on this information ... hopefully they will consider that ... If she had gotten a dosing of such powerful medication for 3 months consecutively no wonder the reactions are so strong ... I hope this help ... keeping my fingers crossed....

So as not to repeat and running out of time I will just copy my latest blogs ... from today and early last week... on here...

My blog entry today... trying to lose my big caboose is not working ... 5 years later and 203 pounds less and maintaining between 120-127 pounds I give up ... stuck with a big caboose I am...

On my way to work this morning I don't know what else to do to lose my caboose...



and I found and stepped into my tiny clothes ...



and made a collage for my digital album ... a picture a day..... live is certainly not easy ... but it is most certainly worth living ... TO THE FULLEST ... BECAUSE AS LONG AS THERE IS LIFE ... THERE IS HOPE ... keeping the faith and believing God for a miracle for my sister this morning...



Me and my partially deaf/blind ferret Sebastian ... just found out after months of questioning that this little type has Waardenburg Syndrome ... along with pez neck found in most deaf ferrets...



This was this past weekend... on Saturday...

Keeping it moving ... that is for sure ...

I have one big mess going on at home .... downsizing belongings and have not put a dent in one closet yet...

I wake up this morning bright and early ... tackle it a bit .. then go off to run a 20K two towns over with a friend....

I came back home after the race .. tackled the task at hand for a bit while searching for a 'white' gown to wear to a fundraiser dinner and gala tonight to support a group of awesome women in a humanitarian cause ... the theme is white ..we are all to wear gowns ... so I think I found this white gown I had purchased and just hung up somewhere in there ... and while doing that I decided that Spring and Summer were at hand and I wanted a rest from the darker hair/extensions/lace fronts whatever my fancy at the moment for my head is ... so I wound up with this...






and of course because I journal in my digital empowerment journal A Picture a Day Keeps the Pounds and the Inches Away I also did a before and after collage...



And of course my nosiest and cutest ferret my baby Finibeau checked me out and I think I have his approval or so I think ...



After dinner we will come back home and meet up with our friends from our Oldies Keeping the Flame Going Group at a party celebrating one of the couples 30th anniversary party ... So I pulled this number out to slip into to go to the party...



No idea whether to wear hair up or down but right now I am about to do my nails ... crash for an hour and get a second wind .... I will tackle tomorrow when it gets here ... I love love love Spring ... will be enjoying what may be my last one here ... or next to last...



I am just having fun on the journey ... making lemonade with life's lemons and harvesting memories of help and kindness... Thanks for allowing me to share... ooops gotta do my nails ... my own self...

Thanks for allowing me to share snippets from my journey ... another goofy thread.. I had an awesome week ... and I wore some duds that I wore on my second year out ... everything is fitting perfect from lowest weight to maintenance weight ...









No comments:

Post a Comment