Thursday, June 23, 2011

I AM A PHENOMENAL WOMAN INDEED

I responded to a young woman "tired of living while watching others having fun" ... my heart went out to her ... there is no need to not live ... this was my reply hope it is a word of encouragement to myself and to all...

My beautiful sista, do not let your weight define you go out there and live ... allow your beauty to come from within you trust it would reflect no matter what your size is ... I think fat women are beautiful and I certainly felt beautiful and loved despite the teasers I was never a pleaser. I certainly did enjoy myself and I was the biggest person in my group of friends and peers and today that I am one of the smallest one of all of them we still do the same things ... from happy hour, to events to all else ... the only difference I am no longer short of breath, I am no longer mobility impaired and I am no longer burdened with 5 co-morbidities now all in remission ... but they did not stop me ... I went out and I had fun ...and I lived...

As I am a photo-sharing fool here I go with my dear husband at a wine tasting ... note he is sipping water because he is post kidney transplant - he did not let the fact that he could not sip wine stop him from enjoying a nice evening with friends .... and I am having fun sipping wine and enjoying the company and the day feeling cute as a button with my long extensions and my cute outfit ... having fun and enjoying life ... nobody but me could make me feel beautiful....


I may have not been able to fit in a roller coaster but that never stopped me from going to the amusement parks ... shoot I had tons of fun winning all those stuffed animals by shooting a water gun in a hole to make a duck get to the top of the row first (LOL)... heck I even shot at a target with these guns they had too and so many other things I could do ... I even went in a raft and rough water rafting weighing all of 300 pounds and had fun too ... but then today that I can fit in a roller coaster I realize that I don't want to ride a roller coaster because I don't like heights and I don't like to be flung around by the ride apparatus ... I STILL have fun looking for the games and winning stuffed animals to bring to the kids at the outreach center ... see.... not much changed...

Women ARE beautiful .... and fat women certainly ARE ... beauty comes from within .., and projects outward ... get out there and enjoy yourself with your friends ... be of good company... show yourself friendly ... do your hair up and get some nice duds and have fun ...

Finally I leave you with this...

Phenomenal Woman
by Maya Angelou

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

I walk into a room
Just as cool as you please,
And to a man,
The fellows stand or
Fall down on their knees.
Then they swarm around me,
A hive of honey bees.
I say,
It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Men themselves have wondered
What they see in me.
They try so much
But they can't touch
My inner mystery.
When I try to show them
They say they still can't see.
I say,
It's in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

Now you understand
Just why my head's not bowed.
I don't shout or jump about
Or have to talk real loud.
When you see me passing
It ought to make you proud.
I say,
It's in the click of my heels,
The bend of my hair,
the palm of my hand,
The need of my care,
'Cause I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.

MY BEAUTIFUL SISTA ... GET THEE OUT THERE AND ENJOY YOURSELF ... DO NOT LET THIS DAY PASS YOU BY ... LIVE AND LIVE WELL BECAUSE YOU TOO ARE A PHENOMENAL WOMAN JUST LIKE MAYA AND JUST LIKE ME!!!!!

PHENOMENAL WOMEN ... ARE WE!!!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY ... EMBRACE JOY AND LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU ... LOVE, LIKE CHARITY STARTS AT HOME AND HOME IS YOU!!!

My journal entry in my empowerment journal A PICTURE A DAY KEEPS THE POUNDS AND THE INCHES AWAY...

No comments:

Post a Comment